Some highlights from this weekend:
- At 11PM on Monday night my friend Ann managed to get me a ticket to the standing area of the inauguration! These tickets were harder to come by than Super Bowl Tickets. The only down side is that we didn't have another ticket for Ameet.
- Ann and I arrived at 6:00 AM to get in line with our tickets and waited in the cold for 4 hours before the event began. But it was so worth it.
- I got emotional after first realizing the enormity of people attending and celebrating Obama's inauguration. The crowds were so diverse in terms of being all different races and ethnicities, ages, and all from different parts of the country and world.
- I hugged a random stranger after Obama was sworn in. We were all so happy!
- I turned around at one point during the inauguration and saw the 2 million people waving American flags in unison.
- Obama's speech. What else can I say?
- Everyone was singing "Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye!" as Bush was introduced at the inauguration. As his helicopter left the city, 2 million people waved in unison to say good riddance!
Back to sewing this weekend...